1. Unless otherwise stated, all kingsurbangear competitions are open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of KUG, the sponsor of the prize, their respective advertising and agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organizations and persons.
2. By entering any competition on the KUG website, blog and/or mobi site entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the competition.
3. Standard SMS rates apply unless otherwise stated.
4. Winners will be notified telephonically or via e-mail.
5. Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for their cash value.
6. Prizes exclude any other expenses incurred by winning participants when participating in the competitions.
7. The competitions close on the date stipulated on the competitions page and entries must reach us by no later than noon on this closing date.
8. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. KUG reserves the right to make media announcements and/or publish photographs of competition winners. E&OE.
10. Any information disclosed by entrants will only be used to contact the entrant should they be selected as a winner.
You waive any rights that you may have or obtain against KUG arising directly or indirectly from any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which you may suffer as a result of the fact that KUG acts on your instructions/orders or instructions/orders purported to emanate from you and you indemnify KUG against all and any claims, liabilities, losses, costs, fines, damages and expenses incurred (whether directly or indirectly) by you, arising as a result of the fact that KUG has acted on your instructions/orders or instructions/orders which purported to emanate from you.
Neither KUG or its management shall be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) and/or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party, as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website and/or any information contained on or via the website and/or your use of the products.
Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing, neither KUG nor its directors shall be liable for any failure and/or unavailability of the website for any reason whatever and/or the failure/delay by any third party service provider to render any service which are necessary to ensure the availability of the website. You hereby indemnify KUG or its management against any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party as a result of or which may be attributable directly or indirectly to the aforesaid. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, KUG shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, contingent or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of business, loss of data and/or loss of profits) incurred or sustained by you or any third party howsoever arising in respect of your use of or reliance of any information offered on or via the website and/or your use of the products.
We may in our sole discretion at any time suspend or terminate the operation of this website without prior notice to you and without the need to give you reasons for such termination.
All provisions of these terms and conditions are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of these terms and conditions which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scripto and the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Should KUG be prevented from fulfilling any of its obligations to you as a result of any event of force majeure, then those obligations shall be deemed to have been suspended to the extent that and for as long as Edcon is so prevented from fulfilling them and your corresponding obligations shall be suspended to the corresponding event. In the event that force majeure continues for more than fourteen days after it has first occurred then KUG shall be entitled (but not obliged) to terminate all of its rights and obligations in terms of or arising out of these terms by giving notice to you. An “event of force majeure” shall mean any event or circumstance whatsoever which is not within the reasonable control of including, without limitation, vis major, casus fortuitus, any act of natural cause, strike, theft, riots, explosion, insurrection or other similar disorder, war (whether declared or not) or military operations, the downtime of any external telecommunications line, power failure, international restrictions, any requirement or any international authority, any requirement of any government or other competent local authority, any court order, export control or shortage or transport facilities.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the services referred to herein, or the terms or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
Address: 2 Enterprise Close
Linbro Business Park, Sandton
Johannesburg, South Africa
Phone: 011 608 2366
Fax: 086 219 1259